These tasty treats are not too sweet, easy, great to do with kids, and are just plain yummy! Enjoy!
1 cup butter, room temperature
½ cup powdered sugar (optional)
½ cup coconut shreds (sweet)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ½ cups flour, sifted
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl (preferably a stand mixer or with a hand mixer), beat the butter until soft.
3. Add sugar, and beat again until light in color.
4. Stir in the vanilla.
5. Add in flour and salt – in about 3 portions, mixing until incorporated, so that hte flour goes into the dough and not onto you!
6. Shape into balls – you can use a small spoon or ice cream scoop to help you get the all the same size.
7. Place on un-greased cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
8. Allow to cool until they’re comfortable to touch. (You don’t want them too cool as the coconut will not stick onto the cookies, but too warm and they will melt).
9. Roll them in the coconut peals. For extra sweetness – first roll them in powdered sugar, and then in the coconut.